Moleman – The Truth Lies Down Under (2010)
HD, colour, 52′ / 72′ / 92′
Moleman is a documentary diary about the independent subcultures of a bustling Central European capital, Budapest.
Under the cultural surface of the metropolis lies a flourishing art life, and alternative recreational activities are available. There are many who do not follow the mainstream taste, and do not fall for the temptation of the commercial media. The originators of Budapest’s subcultures and their audience represent hundreds of thousands of people. These subcultures and artists should not be underrated or disregarded. Moleman chooses five characters from this world, and allows us to peek through their eyes into a culture and lifestyle that lie out of the realm of celebrities, that is other than Pop Idol or the soap opera „Between Friends” or the pop band Hooligans. But it exists, creates works and is taking shape.
Festivals & Awards
- Best International Cultural Documentary – The New York International Independent Film and Video Festival 2010
- Official selection – CineFest, Miskolc, International Film Festival 2010
- Official selection – Film.Dok, Hungarian-Romanian Doc. Film Festival 2010
- Official selection – 57th Hungarian Independent Film Festival 2010
- Runner Up – itzon.tv Online Film Festival 2011
- Official selection – Cape Winelands Film Festival South-Africa 2011
- Nominated for the Best Political Documentary – Action on Film Festival, Pasadena, California 2011
“Great use of music and animation, and makes some interesting points, it speaks a universal message.” – Jon Fitzgerald (Judge of Itzon.tv, Filmmaker and Co-Founder of Slamdance Film Festival)
License for Moleman 1
Moleman – The Truth Lies Down Under by www.molemanfilm.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.molemanfilm.com.